Sound-proof tapeWritten by Admin
One of decisive advantages of gypsum board at a choice of materials for internal finishing of rooms is its high warm- and sound-proof properties. The installation of plasterboard plates means at the same time their complex usage with other accessories.
People also often try to save on them, roughly violating productive requirements and nullifying all advantages of systems of dry building.
One of such accessories elements – sound-proof or, using settled on the Ukrainian market of building materials the appellation, a sealing tape. The partition mounted without a sound-proof tape from the plasterboard plates can be compared to the sensitive screen attracting and strengthening a sound and vibrations from walls of all building. In this regard is indicative that fact that in Germany usage of a sound-proof tape at internal finishing of rooms is strictly obligatory according to so-called "Building rules" (Bauordnung).
The sound-proof tape represents the rolled 30 meters long and thickness of 3 mm strip from elastic foam made polyethylene (isolon) with closed-cellular structure, with put on one of surfaces a self-adhesive layer.
Characteristics of Isolon:
- excellent blow-sound isolation;
- almost zero water absorption;
- softness, elasticity and small weight of an isolon that provides easiness of work with the material isolon;
- keeps elasticity at temperatures from -80 °C to +100 °C;
- durability, resistance to fungoid defeats, oxidation, ultra-violet radiation, weak alkalis, weak acids, climatic conditions;
- lack of plasticisers, so ecological safety.
The spheres of usage.
Soundproofing sealing layer between building constructions and directing profiles of partitions from the plasterboard plates. The sound-proof tape before installation is imposed by the self-adhesive side on directing profile.